The Only Surfactant for Nasal Rinsing in South Africa!
What is a surfactant?
It is a soap-based substance, originally used to assist in the removal of Biofilm inside the nasal and sinus cavities. The Salex Surfactant was developed with ENT Specialists and is a Sulphate, Colour and Fragrance Free surfactant to assist in removing Biofilm without causing any irritation within the nasal cavities.
How does it work?
The Salex Surfactant should be combined with a Saline Sinus Rinse and should NOT be used on its own. The surfactant lowers the interfacial tension between thick, sticky mucus and the nasal mucosa allowing the mucus to loosen and flow out of the nose even easier than with just saline alone. The saline helps the mucus flow out the front of the nose to create a Pre-nasal drip.
What is it used for?
- Salex Surfactant combined with a Saline Sinus Rinse helps to clear Sinonasal Congestion caused by:
- Sinusitis (Chronic or Acute)
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Chronic Rhinosinusitis
- Colds and Flu
- Removal of Biofilms
- Rebound Congestion (caused by overuse of Decongestant Nasal Sprays)
How to use?
- 1. Make 200ml Saline Solution as directed on the Salex SSR packaging insert.
- 2. Add 3 to 5 drops of Salex Surfactant per 200ml saline solution or as directed by your doctor.
- 3. Shake well until the surfactant is dissolved. The Solution will foam.
- 4. Rinse as per the instructions given or watch the Salex SSR Instructional Video
- NB! Not to be used on its own or undiluted. Keep Salex Surfactant out of eyes.
Do I have to use it with every rinse?
The Salex Surfactant is gentle enough and safe to be used with every rinse. Saline Sinus Rinsing is recommended for use at least twice a day and is safe to be used continuously and will not cause dependence.
Using Salex SSR Saline Sinus Rinse with Salex Surfactant daily will keep the sinuses clear of excess mucus and any other allergens or irritants and helps to avoid sinusitis related conditions, and therefor the need to medications.